Right Click Suddenly no longer works. Left click intermittent on 3d Connexion Wireless Mouse Pro.

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

cazralite

Right Click Suddenly no longer works. Left click intermittent on 3d Connexion Wireless Mouse Pro.

Post by cazralite »

Hi There,
I use the 3d Connexion Wireless Pro Mouse (and the space mouse). Both are supplied by my company, approx. 1 year ago, to be used with Siemens NX.

Up until yesterday they both worked fine.
However this morning the Right Click button on the wireless mouse has completely stopped working.
The left one works for about 30 minutes and then also stops working - this has happened three times today.

I have restarted several times hoping that the laptop will get all its ducks in a row.
I have contacted my IT department - suggesting to them that it may be a driver issue / laptop issue. (The mouse is only 1 year old and has been looked after like a baby as I am aware how expensive it is. It has sat quietly on my desk since it worked yesterday.) IT department investigated and say there is no problem with the drivers / group policies. I still have a case raised with them but I feel that they will come back eventually blame the mouse/hardware itself.
I have also tried it wired (original cable) and it makes no difference.
And....
I have plugged in a non 3dConnexion mouse which seems to work OK! :(

This suggests to me that there is a problem with the mouse itself.
Could it have lost a connection with the laptop? I don't know enough about computers to gauge where to look here but it does feel like a communication issue between mouse and laptop, rather than a physical fault with the hardware.

Right click does absolutely nothing anymore (anywhere in Windows) and left click works for a short while before packing up all together.
Has anyone else experience this??
Can it be fixed?
Any help / suggestions / advice would be very much appreciated please?!
I am on windows 10 machine if that helps?
:)