TDxUnrealEditor version 5.3 not working with UE5.3.1

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

kkochiss

TDxUnrealEditor version 5.3 not working with UE5.3.1

Post by kkochiss »

I'm getting my unreal project set up and I can't seem to get the plugin to load. I followed the steps and placed the plugin that ships with version 10.8.16 of the 3DxWare within my Engine/Plugins/Marketplace folder of my source build of UE5.3.1. When loading my project I get an error stating:

Code: Select all

Plugin 'TDxUnrealEditor' failed to load because module 'TDxUnrealEditor' could not be initialized successfully after it was loaded.
I stepped through the debugger and it looks like it finds the dll handle but does not find a function for InitializeModule so the it fails to init. Is there anyway to fix this?
ngomes

Re: TDxUnrealEditor version 5.3 not working with UE5.3.1

Post by ngomes »

You may want to check if updating to UE 5.3.2 resolves this.

If you cannot update to 5.3.2, trying "verifying" the UE installation in the Epic Games Launcher.
Nuno Gomes
kkochiss

Post by kkochiss »

Hello, thanks for the reply. I upgraded my source build from UE5.3.1 to UE5.3.2 from the Epic games git hub and the plugin still fails to load. Do you know if the TDX plugin is not supported on source builds of Unreal Engine? Is there anyway for us to debug this to figure out what the issue is?
driedrat

Post by driedrat »

I'll have a look to see if the same error shows up. Strangely, the spacemouse WORKS, even if the plugin fails to show in the UE5 list of plugins...