Slipping CAD Mouse

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Miguelmn

Slipping CAD Mouse

Post by Miguelmn »

Hello,

This is probably only me, but has anyone ever experience their CAD Mouse slipping a little when clicking on a command, or an object on a CAD model? When this happens to me I tend to click on the nearest item, not the one I intended to click on. I've changed mice several times, trying out ever heavier mice, so as to prevent this. I purchased the CAD Mouse to stop this but found I was still experiencing this problem. I have taken to press my thumb and third fingers against the surface of the desktop, fingers around the mouse, prevent the mouse from slipping before clicking the left mouse button. It's a bit irritating, especially when I forget to do press my fingers down.
I received a mouse pad with the CAD Mouse (I use this at work) and it helped a little, but I was still experiencing this problem.
Today I hit on a solution. I've been working with neoprene foam material, about 1.5mm thick, for parts I've designed and it dawned on me. If I cut small little pads and stuck them to the bottom of the mouse that this would help prevent this slipping problem I've been experiencing. Will, the mouse sure does stick some to the mouse pad and it has stop me from causing my mouse to slip when I click on the left mouse button. I can slide the mouse across the mouse pad but I do need to apply a little force.
So, I'm no longer miss clicking on something I did not intend to select.
Any comments?