driver windows 11

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Marcosfds@

driver windows 11

Post by Marcosfds@ »

Good morning, I have SpaceExplorer, we just migrated the machine to Windows 11, would there be some drivers to make it work?
luping

Re: driver windows 11

Post by luping »

Not possible without upgrading the hardware. You have to invest on the new SpaceMouse product to be able to use the latest 3Dconnexion 3DxWare driver.
Granado

Post by Granado »

The big question is; if we are forced to buy the same product. How long will it be running until it becomes obsolete again.
luping

Post by luping »

Granado wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:50 pm The big question is; if we are forced to buy the same product. How long will it be running until it becomes obsolete again.
You're not forced to buy the 3Dconnexion devices, has anyone put a knife around your neck to force you to buy any hardware device?

The real question is how do you value the health benefits the 6-DoF device brings to your fingers/hand over the years by prventing RSI injuries( inflammation and damage to the soft tissues (muscles, nerves, tendons and tendon sheaths etc. ) ) It should be based on the potential healthcare expenditure by paying the hospital, doctor, pharmaceutical company, medical instrument to cure RSI injuries, and the lost professional productive working hours.

As for the product generation support, you may visit below hyperlink to find out. I'm sure there's some new product in R&D phase to keep the designers/engineers busy at 3Dconnexion.
https://3dconnexion.com/us/support/faq/ ... d-devices/
mhoopes

Post by mhoopes »

Granado wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:50 pm The big question is; if we are forced to buy the same product. How long will it be running until it becomes obsolete again.
At 3DConnexion, it varies: https://3dconnexion.com/us/support/faq ... d-devices/
The SpaceNavigator, which came out in 2006, went out of mainstream support in 2020 (2 years after it was discontinued). It still works in Windows 11 with the latest drivers, and is in "extended support" through 2024.

The SpaceExplorer went out of mainstream support 3 years after it was discontinued, and extended support 4 years after that. There are driver versions linked in the page above that you might try.
Michael Hoopes
zoomer

Post by zoomer »

mhoopes wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:11 am The SpaceNavigator, which came out in 2006, went out of mainstream support in 2020 (2 years after it was discontinued). It still works in Windows 11 with the latest drivers, and is in "extended support" through 2024.
For me on Mac it looks like the latest 10.8 Mac drivers finally killed the support
for original Space Navigator .....
Now it does no more react to speed changes nor macros.
While original CADMouse beside does work as expected.

Enterprise sits idling on the PC, which I do not use beside sporadic upgrading Win11,
and Software every 2-3 weeks.
Maybe I should exchange Space Nav and Enterprise ... but why, Enterprise still does
not show funny attractive App Command/Tool Icons on Mac anyway.
zoomer

Post by zoomer »

zoomer wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:03 pm
For me on Mac it looks like the latest 10.8 Mac drivers finally killed the support
While original CADMouse beside does work as expected.
Seems like this is not true or some hope for original Space Navigator.

I see it now works on Mac for keystrokes in Vectorworks.
(Have no Macros in use there)

Looks like it now also works on Bricscad and Blender - after reassigning the Apps.
Including Macros.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

zoomer wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:03 pm For me on Mac it looks like the latest 10.8 Mac drivers finally killed the support
The SpaceNavigator is supported in v. 10.8.0 of 3DxWare 10 for macOS. Nothing changed concerning support for device types in the 10.8.0 release. Something else must be affecting your system.
Nuno Gomes
zoomer

Post by zoomer »

Yes, somehow some of my App Settings got corrupt.
These were created many years ago and not touched since years.

After assigning the App again and accepting deleting/loss of old settings,
I could set them up from scratch and it works again.

That was necessary for the Space Navigator.
While the issues with CADMouse were les severe. There I could just change
and reapply my assignments in driver to make them work again.