Google Earth, Acrobat ?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Podge

Google Earth, Acrobat ?

Post by Podge »

Just got my new toy, installed the latest driver, I have zoom, scroll, etc. in Photoshop CS3, but no reaction in Google Earth (4.3) or Acrobat Pro 9.

Where do I turn these apps on? They're listed here as working out of the box.

Podge

G4/10.4.11
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

Google Earth 4.3 is supported with no additional configuration settings to turn on. I just tried it again and it works.

You can try clicking on the "Use defaults" button on the Advanced and Device tabs of the 3Dconnexion preferences pane to ensure the settings were not accidentally corrupted.

For Acrobat 9, we will release an updated driver in a couple of weeks with support for it.
Podge

Post by Podge »

Thanks for your reply. Resetting defaults didn't help, but I tried re-installing the driver and after the restart it worked in Google Earth for a while (as long as I kept the app running).

Way cool! Nice toy!

But now it doesn't work, even after another driver re-install (but it still works in Photoshop).

Any ideas?
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

The driver appears to be working fine since Photoshop is running. I don't have other clues as to why GE is not working. You may want to contact Google and see if their support group can help. Google implemented the support for our devices.