Problem with Cs3,Leopard and SN PE

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Seik

Problem with Cs3,Leopard and SN PE

Post by Seik »

We have Adobe Design Creative Suite (ITA) but SpaceNavigator PE don't zoom , or pan , etc... 3DConnexion Last Driver are currently installed, and we have selected Adobe Ph. CS3 from "application" field.

Cs3 required an additional plug-in for Photoshop CS3?
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

A plug-in for Photoshop CS3 is supplied with 3DxMacWare. Check in your /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-Ins folder for the 3Dconnexion plug-in. If it's not there, rerun the driver installer.
Loreb

Post by Loreb »

I have the same problem... installed my Space Navigator PE on my MacPro w Leopard (10.5.4), it dosen't work with Photoshop CS3. It work fine in Cinema4d and other apps, but not in Photoshop. I've already tiried to reinstall drivers (1.5.2), but without changes... in the photoshopcs3/plugins folder I can't find the 3dSN plugin.
What can I do?

Thanx,
Lorenzo (Italy)
dggraphics

CS3 Plugin Problem

Post by dggraphics »

I am not able to access any of Photoshops menubar menus with the 3DConnection Plugin in the Plugins Folder, including the Apple menu when PS is the frontmost app.

If I remove it from the Plugins folder evrything functions as normal.

Mac OS X 10.5.5 - Photoshop CS3 10.0.1
Seik

Post by Seik »

Ehi 3DConnexion, wakeup please!

Any plugin for CS3 are installed on plugin folders...can you provide to upload on that discussion!!
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

Hi Lorenzo,

Is the installation location of Photoshop in the default place? i.e. it's in /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/ ? If it's in a different path or drive, the installer may not find it. However, you can create a dummy /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-ins folder and then run the installer. This will put the 3Dconnexion plugin in there which you can move to your actual PS install directory.
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

Hi dggraphics,

It's possible that the device is sending some events even if you're not pressing on it. Try this experiment, put back our plugin and start PS. If you find you can't access the menu, try unplugging the device and see if you're now able to access the menu. If you can, the device is "drifting" and needs to be reset.

To reset the device, select PS from our preference pane and then click on the "Calibrate" button.
Loreb

Post by Loreb »

flomotan wrote:Hi Lorenzo,

Is the installation location of Photoshop in the default place? i.e. it's in /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/ ? If it's in a different path or drive, the installer may not find it. However, you can create a dummy /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS3/Plug-ins folder and then run the installer. This will put the 3Dconnexion plugin in there which you can move to your actual PS install directory.
Hi Flomotan,
thanks for the answer... I've checked my Adobe installation (in Italian language) and my path (standard installation) was correct. The only bug was in the "plug in" folder whitout the final "s" (plug-inS). After rename and reinstallation 3Dconnexion driver, all work perfect.
Thanx for help... and sorry for my orrible english!

Ciao
ideas_arte

Post by ideas_arte »

Somebody would be so amiable to raise plug-in? it already tries what to recommended in this post and nothing it is worked to me.

HELPME..![/img]
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

Hi ideas_arte

Can you provide more details on exactly what issue you are having?