Cinema 4D support on Mac... ever?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Navstar

Cinema 4D support on Mac... ever?

Post by Navstar »

What's the holdup getting Space Navigator to work with C4D on the Mac? Seems like its been promised for a very very long time...
voodooman

Post by voodooman »

Yes it would be nice if I had some software that I can actually use with my space navigator.
znissan
User
User

Post by znissan »

Agreed. C4D is supported natively by Maxon. We have been knocking on their door quite a lot lately -- we are hopeful that they will support soon. You might knock on their door too -- it always helps! :)

Ziva Nissan
3Dconnexion, Inc.
voodooman

Post by voodooman »

Has any progress been made on cinema 4d drivers, or any othe major apps out there, I would like to see support for final cut studio, adobe after effects,

and for smaller apps maybe nevercenters silo might be an app that will add support, easily if 3d connexion provides some assistance.
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

I contacted Nevercenter to see if they're interested in supporting our devices. We're more than happy to work with application developers in this regard.

For the other apps you mentioned, we will continue to pursue getting 3d mice support from them.
artsen

Post by artsen »

To the 3dconnexion guys/programmers/whatever...

I know, I'm sort of not patient, but you've been hopeful for an awfully long time. Since you keep selling these fantastic devices, it's up to YOU to support as many applications as possible. Why are you waiting for Maxon to make the first move? Well, i'm not a programmer, so i don't really know what it's all about to make a working plug-in for C4D, but jeez....how can you just sit there and apologize all the time for not working on it?

In fact, i was using my spacenavigator as a paper-weight for the last 4 months, since nothing happened in the neverending "C4D for Mac"-story.
So please tell me exactly where the problem is, just to make me understand why i spent 50€ for my device.

Thanks
artsen

Post by artsen »

And i also would like to see support for Final Cut Studio and After Effects!!
voodooman

Post by voodooman »

I'm hoping support will be added to Cinema 4d , After Effects & Final Cut soon aswell, I think 3d connextion has to add some support for more pro apps. now its more of a paperweight than anything.
meneutra

Going to hammer on the C4D guys at NAB

Post by meneutra »

I am going to be at NAB in April and I am going to hammer on the C4D Guys about 3DConnextion support.
Matt Neutra
geoffr

Post by geoffr »

I am absolutely gutted!
I've just received my Spacenavigator, plugged it in, fired up C4D and.....nothing.
Searched a couple of forums and it turns out that the companies are blaming each other for not supporting it.
The only other program I can use it with is photoshop and that doesn't really justify the cost.
jayse

Post by jayse »

Wow - Just wow.

No C4d or Mac OS drives is absolutely pathetic on 3dconnexion's part. it's unprofessional of them - misleading - But unfortunately - they're becoming known for their lack of programming abilities and integrity.

It really makes Logitech as a company look bad.

All we can do is spread the word far and wide that this company's products remain unsupported with weak excuses and never-ending stories of why they don't support what they should support. Blame - blame blame blame.

Artsen is correct - you are selling the product. Get on this stuff.

AS FOR NOW... I'd suggest that everyone here who is unhappy with their paperweights flood any and all sites with product reviews with 0 to 1 star and describe in detail how 3dconnexion's excuses no longer fly.

This is absolutely ridiculous guys - and you know it.

// jayse
TBONE

Not buying until C4D is supported

Post by TBONE »

Just to add to this thread I would like to point out that I am holding off buying a Space Navigator until it has C4D support in OSX. This is literally the only reason I haven
geoffr

Post by geoffr »

Is there any update on support for Cinema 4D?
Who's court is the ball in?
Are 3DConnexion actually working on it or not?
Seik

Post by Seik »

I think that in new Cinema4D release Maxon provide to support SpaceNavigator on Mac
jayse

Post by jayse »

Where did you hear that? Is this verifiable? Otherwise we're not holding out breath.

Meanwhile - I just found this thread - anyone else tried Control Mate for c4d hobbled-together-ness??
viewtopic.php?t=309