Proe spin center

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

salariua

Proe spin center

Post by salariua »

Space Navigator, Proe V3

I have noticed that when I rotate in proe it rotates with the CG (center of gravity) and sometimes if you are focused on a side of the part and you rotate the part just goes complettly out of screen. The steps are to zoom out, rotate the part and then zoom in.

In proe you can disable the spin center and it spins with what you've selected by mouse (point, line ... etc) and that's helpful but that I was using when I didn't had the Space Navigator.

Is there a way to spin the part by the center of the screen and not the CG?
salariua

Solution

Post by salariua »

Well...

Couldn't find how to edit my own post ...:!: :!: :!: so now it looks as if I am posting questions to answer myself. Damn I am smart :shock:

A temporary solution for the spin problem would be to turn "spin center off" select a point and spin it with the mouse. After this the spin location in proe changes to the one selected and all rotations done from space navigator will have that point as reference.

Some extra steps but better than nothing.

I'll leave this posts on, maybe others will find it useful.
jwick

Post by jwick »

I think just setting the spin point using the mouse interface is all that is required. You don't actually have to move the part with the mouse. I believe PTC thought it best to always set the spin point in a consistent place regardless of the input device in use. It makes sense. You have use the mouse to pick the location you are interested in.
salariua

Post by salariua »

Well,

As far as I see by testing... you are wrong. I do have to rotate the part with the mouse after selecting the new spin location in order to force proe to set the new spinning point.

Thanks anyway.