SpaceNavigator – 3ds Max Issues

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

iwantfatty

SpaceNavigator

Post by iwantfatty »

I finally managed to install my navigator
sorin

Post by sorin »

reading the manual would help a lot

action undo is ctrl-z. that includes camera views since you're moving a scene object, the camera body or target.

shift-z is view undo. it won't work with SN, being continuous changed thru sdk, but will work with mouse movements.

don't know about crashes. it won't crash mine. probably you have other issues (video card problems? does it crash using software drivers?)
iwantfatty

Post by iwantfatty »

Yeah, I know how to undo... I will give you an example of what happens:

I create a box - then move the camera around a bit.
I edit the box segments etc...
create a new box.

Hit undo, and I return to the last CAMERA movement rather than anything else, which means anything that happens between the first movement of the camera and the undo is undone.

I have changed the settings for the navigator in 3ds max - to move the scene rather than the camera, and to lock it to the persective view, neither of these things help
jerm

Post by jerm »

I had exactly similar problems in 3ds max 8 with Spacenavigator PE until i downloaded the newest drivers. Now it seems to work like a charm.
ShaunDon

Post by ShaunDon »

I'm having exactly the same undo issue as described above and it's driving me absolutely nuts!

I read the manual and followed the directions to download the latest driver from the site before installing, so that is not the issue. I'm running it on 3ds max 2008 x64. Anyone have any solutions? I have a ticket with 3dconnexion support, I'll post back if they're able to solve it.

Another problem I'm noticing -- moving any objects or bezier handles with my mouse in max is amplified, so objects won't move with my cursor, but start moving farther away from them exponentially the more I move them. Combine that with no undo function and now I have to try and take the Space Navigator offline to get any work done...

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Shaun