SpaceMouse causes up to 10 second freezes in 3Ds Max Perspective view

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Antonius88

SpaceMouse causes up to 10 second freezes in 3Ds Max Perspective view

Post by Antonius88 »

Hello,

I've met with this issue before, and if I remember well I usually solved it by unchecking 'auto' rotational center in the settings.
This doesn't help anymore.

The issue:
high poly (~5mil) object
mouse and viewcube navigation flawless, up to 120FPS, no lag whatsoever,
SpaceMouse, up to 60FPS (not an issue) while doing continous motion, entire 3Ds max lags\stalls\freezes for 4-10 seconds after every 'camera' move.

Ofcourse this is rendering the spacemouse in 3Ds max useless, as I can't work with it on many heavy scenes.
Which is unfortunate, as I can't live without it anymore :D and also because I kinda paid high price for several of your products, which apparently lack support.

tried object mode, camera mode and target camera mode, all the same.
Reinstalled the drivers, updated SM firmware, changed USB ports, updated windows, reinstalled 3Ds Max 2021 and 2022.
My mouse (mx master 3) has low polling rate, so that can't be the problem.

I also use SpaceMouse in blender, zbrush, fusion360, autocad, MOI and houdini, ONLY 3Ds max has this issue.

ODDITY: the issue is for some reason beyond my comprehension and knowledge not present in ortographic and all flat views... completely smooth experience there.

Is anyone else still having this problem? Does anyone have a sollution?

Please?

Best regards,
Antonio
clearskystudio

Re: SpaceMouse causes up to 10 second freezes in 3Ds Max Perspective view

Post by clearskystudio »

I was having exactly the same issues with the latest drivers coupled with 3ds max 2022.
So that's another argument for the good old 10.6.0 drivers with 3ds max 2020 which works flawlessly as always.

I've canceled the idea of complaining or even trying to be heard by customer "support" which seem to be going the easy way when it comes to 3ds max.
So stick to that if you want stability.

You won't be able to find 10.6.0 on their archive anymore. PM me if you need one.
ateliertata

Re: SpaceMouse causes up to 10 second freezes in 3Ds Max Perspective view

Post by ateliertata »

I hope I'm not waking a dead thread here, but I am desperately looking for the 10.6.0 driver as I have the exact same problem and it is driving me crazy.
I cant send PMs as of now, would you be able to provide a download for the driver @clearskystudio ?