MSC Patran 2000 r2

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Javier

MSC Patran 2000 r2

Post by Javier »

Hi All,

I am using a Spaceball 4000 with Unigraphics and everything works fine. Now the thing is that my the application I use the most is MSC Patran 2000 r2. In the installation documentation for Patran it is stated that:

"MSC.Patran supports the Spacetec Spaceball 3003 or 4000. Follow the SpaceWare installation instructions for these products. No additional steps are required for use with MSC.Patran. You can obtain these instructions, as well as the latest drivers, at the Spacetec web site, www.3Dconnexion.com/software.

I couldn't find any instructions on the 3Dconnexion's web site for what I need to do during the Spaceball installation to get it working with Patran.

Any suggestion, recommendation or piece of advice is welcome.

Thank you.
ngomes

Re: MSC Patran 2000 r2

Post by ngomes »

Hi Javier,
Javier wrote:I couldn't find any instructions on the 3Dconnexion's web site for what I need to do during the Spaceball installation to get it working with Patran.
It should be a simple matter of installing the device drivers. Go to this page, select your device and operating system and install the software.
Note that serial devices are no longer supported in the latest software (3DxSoftware version 3.0) for Windows. If you are using a Windows system, you will need to download 3DxSoftware v. 2.8.
Nuno Gomes