Possible 3DxWare 10.2.0 Enhancement

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

jrei

Possible 3DxWare 10.2.0 Enhancement

Post by jrei »

First of all, I would like to thank you for the latest driver, it looks like it finally works as it should (I had always issues with those before, dunno why).

There is only one last thing that is still bothering me and I would really love to have it added (I believe I am not the only one). Also, i believe that it is not too difficult to add, please correct me if I am wrong.

I would love to have the option to set up keys for each individual Axis on the controller.

I will be writing an example of use within Adobe Photoshop :

Lets say, I want to change my brush size with my roll axis. I would have to set up "[" and "]" to the max and min value of that axis (or from -512 to 0 for the first key and from 0 to 512 for the second one).
Or I would like to use the tilt axis for rotating canvas in photoshop. The same rule applies.

There is definitely much more possible use for that and I think it would definitely move the driver even more in the right direction.

This option was already available on some older drivers and I really liked it, it gives the customer much more space to work with, and you dont have to rely on editing your xml files that much. Also, it wouldnt be such an issue, but there is no documentation on editing those xml files what so ever so it really takes a lot of time figuring this stuff out.

I hope that there is something you can do about it,

best regards,

Jakub
UtaSH

Re: Possible 3DxWare 10.2.0 Enhancement

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Jakub,

thank you for your input. I will forward your ideas to our Product Management.