Spend a whole lot delivers none

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

krik

Spend a whole lot delivers none

Post by krik »

I dont get it, for years I have known 3d connextion products on youtube and how wonderfull it is, however I cant get anything to work, not in zbrush or blender.
I bought the space pilot pro because I dont want to keep improving step by step and Im a sucker for looks. 3Dconnexion is claiming this awesome device that works with 3D and makes your workflow unparalelled.
Fix this please ?!
would not recommend 3dconnection to one of my co-workers atm
Tehrasha

Re: Spend a whole lot delivers none

Post by Tehrasha »

ZBrush has no support. Pixologic has thus far been non-responsive (putting it lightly) to customers wanting 3d mouse support.
There are many posts on both this and pixologic's forums going back to 2007, about this problem, so it should not be that surprising.

Blender, on the other hand, has had built-in support since version 2.59 back in 2011.
What is the problem you are having with it?
Spacemice -- Input devices for a 3D world.
krik

Post by krik »

since 2007? wow pretty sad since zbrush is infact one of the most desiarable package you want to cover for both companys. Its a consumer thing.
In blender it only moves from right to left, and zoom, I cannot rotate at all.
I did found something somewhere about 'issue' since a later release of blender. Computers are kind of frustrating it drives me nuts
Tehrasha

Post by Tehrasha »

krik wrote:In blender it only moves from right to left, and zoom, I cannot rotate at all.
I did found something somewhere about 'issue' since a later release of blender. Computers are kind of frustrating it drives me nuts
Strange.
The default action for Blender is rotation, and to get panning and zoom you must press SHIFT.
I have instructions on my Blender page which show the setting to change so both rotation and motion can be made the default mode. http://spacemice.org/index.php?title=Blender
Spacemice -- Input devices for a 3D world.