Forum issues, newbie questions

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

marshallp

Forum issues, newbie questions

Post by marshallp »

I'm having a couple issues:

1) I've come across a number of posts which talk about an xml profile for a particular program. Like this one: viewtopic.php?t=4078
But I can never find a link/attachment of the actual xml file. Where are people putting these files?

2) What is 3DxWare, and where can I download it? The forum has an announcement at the top of the page pointing me to the 3DC "labs" page to download it, but it's not there. All I want to do is create some simple profiles for programs like Chrome that aren't built in. I registered for the SDK stuff but I don't think that's the route I'm trying to go down.

Thanks for your help!
Marshall
UtaSH

Re: Forum issues, newbie questions

Post by UtaSH »

Hi marshallp,

the posts are from the time when the driver was still in a beta phase. For Windows the Chrome profile is included in the standard driver. The version is 3DxWare 10.1.4. You can download it here.
For Mac OS X you can easily add an application in the driver and then adapt the settings. The current version of the driver for Mac is 3DxWare 10.2.0 and the download site is the same as for Windows.
marshallp

Post by marshallp »

Thanks. I just updated 3DxWare - looks like I had a slightly older version.

The Chrome profile doesn't seem to work for me. I also get some weird behavior with Internet Explorer. All I want is to be able to scroll up and down using the 3d Navigator, but here's what happens:

Chrome:
Left button causes window to scroll all the way to the bottom of whatever I'm looking at
No other buttons or axes do anything

IE:
Tilting mouse left/right/forward/back "nudges" the entire IE window in that direction. When you release the mouse it moves back. No idea what the purpose is.
Twisting CW/CCW zooms in and out
No other buttons/axes do anything

Any suggestions? I am at a complete loss and have tried calling 3DC several times, never been able to get a rep on the phone.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

I assume you now have problems because you have profiles from that older version left. Please remove them as described here.
marshallp

Post by marshallp »

Thanks, but I followed the instructions to clean up profiles and nothing has changed.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi marshallp,

please activate the logging of the driver. To activate the logging please right click to the 3Dconnexion icon in the system tray and check “Write Log File”. Then stop Chrome and stop the driver and then restart the driver and then restart Chrome. Then try to scroll in Chrome: tilt the cap of your 3D mouse.

After you tried to navigate in Chrome go to your %APPDATA% folder to the folder 3Dconnexin\3DxWare. You should find a file 3DxService.log. I will send you PM with an email address where you send this to.