Support for caligari trueSpace7.

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

LazeeGazzz

Post by LazeeGazzz »

I'd like to see support for Caligari's trueSpace7. It's my app of choice and has undergone a renaissance recently with a major upgrade in Jan 2006 and another imminent. Worth looking at I think. I'd purchase SpaceExplorer to use with it.

http://www.caligari.com
znissan
User
User

Post by znissan »

Hello LazeeGazzz:

Thanks for the feedback. It's always helpful to get this input to understand what customers and potential customers are using.

We will have a new SDK and program, which we think companies like Caligari will find interesting. We will put them on the list of companies we will approach, and if you would like to also send them a note, I'm sure it's good for them to hear from customers as well!

Ziva Nissan
3Dconnexion, Inc.
splinters

Post by splinters »

A key feature of trueSpace 7 and it's free 3D viewer; truePlay, is the ability to navigate 3D spaces in realtime and manipulate these environments and object within them collaboratively or alone.
I have just ordered a Spacenavigator and hope to implement it in the program. I am on the beta team and have put the SDK to the developers.
There is also a program on these forums to allow any program to run with the Spacenavigator so I will give it a try.
znissan
User
User

Post by znissan »

Great -- I encourage you to try our new COM based SDK which is now in beta. If you would like to, send me your email in a private message, and I will send you the SDK and docs.

Ziva Nissan
3Dconnexion, Inc.
splinters

Post by splinters »

I gave your details to Caligari. I know they are very busy preparing tS7.5 for release but did any developers get in touch with you yet?
splinters

SDK now available

Post by splinters »

I was informed today that 3D Connexion have had access to the trueSpace SDK while it was in Beta.
As they are now 'owned' by Microsoft and are a major part of development for Virtual Earth, I would have thought this would now be a more viable platform for support by 3D connexion.

Especially if you add to this the fact that Virtual Earth support the Space Navigator and tS7.6 is now free so it potentially has a huge user base (500,000 downloads in first week!!)

Would love to hear any news on this!!
poulos

Post by poulos »

Ziva-

I was disappointed with that the spaceNavigator didn't allow me to choose an object then manipulate it (as in your puzzle demo). Will this option be available for tS7 (in both the model and workspace views)? Also will there be a Vista 64 driver (as with other applications)?
jwick

Post by jwick »

The integration into trueSpace was done by Caligari. Contact them with questions. Your suggestion seems like a very valuable enhancement (if it isn't already there). That's why we put it in the puzzle demo.

Please post back here what they say, so other ts users will know.
jwick

Post by jwick »

Whoops. My bad. Case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand had already done. This plugin was developed by us. I got a bit confused because this was released on 3DxLabs : http://www.3dconnexion.com/labs/

I'll forward this enhancement request to the responsible party.

Thanks.
Jim
3Dx Software Development
feejo

Post by feejo »

I installed the driver, but there is no turntable. We need turntable just like in blender driver have.

Thanks
xpeace77

Post by xpeace77 »

I could not get the 3D SpaceNavigator to work in TrueSpace 7.61 tho the Plugin was loaded by the Software in the Package Manager - No movement at all .... :-(