numpad for dimension input

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Morgan Caldbeck

numpad for dimension input

Post by Morgan Caldbeck »

Hi,

I was hoping you guys could possibly make an update for the numpad to make inputting dimension data easier. I noticed that when i'm drawing lines in sketchup, or rectangles, etc, that I commonly need to define feet AND inches. It would be nice if, included within the virtual numpad, were ' and " marks to define those measurements without having to revert back to the keyboard. The virtual numpad is very nice, but it's distracting to have to remove a hand from my 3d mouse in order to define feet and inches.

Maybe there's a way to create a macro for this, but I don't have any idea how to create macro controls. Anyway, thanks for the help!

Morgan
Morgan Caldbeck

Re: numpad for dimension input

Post by Morgan Caldbeck »

This really is a big drawback for me... Please reply with an opinion on what can be done, or let me know if my post is vague. I would really like to see something done here.
clearskystudio

Re: numpad for dimension input

Post by clearskystudio »

I think there is nothing better you can do than assign ' and " signs to separate keys or to a radial menu.