SimCity 2013 support

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Jontos

SimCity 2013 support

Post by Jontos »

Just wondering if there will be support for controlling the camera in the upcoming SimCity-game with the 3Dconnexion SpaceNavigator. It would be perfect for the task :)
jwick

Re: SimCity 2013 support

Post by jwick »

Didn't I see this post somewhere else recently, a simcity forum?
Yes, that would be excellent. I have no idea if it would work. I don't recall being contacted by maxis.

If they happen to support joysticks, you should be able to use the joystick emulation built into 3DxWare 10.
Otherwise, you should contact them and file an enhancement request.

If they have an API that exposes movement parameters, you may be able to write a plugin, or use the extension mechanism of 3DxWare 10 to trigger movement. Several people have found a nice business selling these sorts of plugins for 3Dx devices.
Jontos

Post by Jontos »

There was a much similar post on a unofficial simcity-forum yes, but since there was no reply there and I couldn't find any official forums I decided to go here instead since you guys should know :)

I don't think the game will be modable on release so I doubt there will be any avaliable API but who knows, some day maybe. I will definitely try to find a way to contact them and make such a request if it doesn't work on release :)
kajun

Post by kajun »

I would be interested in a plugin, mod or something now that I bought Sims and I am inlove with my 3dconnexion spacenavigator :). I actually asked this question in the sims forum but no one seemed to know about space navigator :|