Add anti-theft measures to the mouses

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

DSantos

Add anti-theft measures to the mouses

Post by DSantos »

Hi,

These mouses are great tools but are far more expensive than an ordinary mouse... it would be great if 3D connexion could add some features on them to allow the user to lock the mouse to somewhere using a cord, like in a laptop. Of course that it should be done with a good design, and why not 3D connexion develop the whole solution yourselves... (Chord, devices, etc) - I would but without a blink.

JM2C

Daniel
ngomes

Re: Add anti-theft measures to the mouses

Post by ngomes »

Hi DSantos,

Thanks for the suggestion.

We have seen some customer using a generic cable lock (normally part of a Kensington lock cable) that is only large enough to clip the 3D mouse USB able (the USB connector cannot go through). Short of cutting the 3D mouse cable, this solution offers a decent level of protection.
DSantos

Post by DSantos »

Hi Gomes,

I liked your suggestion but I can´t visualize what you´re saying...

Do you have a screenshot of the cable or a sample to share? I know what the Kensington lock cables are, and we have them, but I did not get what you are suggesting...

Tks

Daniel
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Olá Daniel,

I prefer not to put any links to actual products but you should have no problem in finding security locks that use a "Kensington" lock to attach to a computer and can grab a device cable.

The only way to quickly remove the 3D device would be to cut the cable, rendering it useless.