Acrobat 3D and Adobe Reader Support

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

znissan
User
User

Acrobat 3D and Adobe Reader Support

Post by znissan »

Hello all:

3DxSoftware 3.1.8 includes support for Acrobat 3D (7 and above) and Adobe Reader (8 and above), and allows you to pan and zoom your pdf document, and at the same time, pan, zoom and rotate your 3D images embedded within the same document....how cool is that? The 3Dconnexion device and software has the ability to detect whether you are in 2D or 3D space and navigate appropriately.

Just download and install 3DxSoftware 3.1.8 from our website to get going. Windows today; stay tuned for news on the Mac version.

Ziva Nissan
3Dconnexion, Inc.
destoomtrein

Adobe Reader 8.0

Post by destoomtrein »

Hello,

I've installed adobe reader 8.0 and 3DxSoftware 3.1.8 but I can't navigate and zoom in PDF 2D drawings.

Do I have to change something?

Greetings,

Edwin Schipper
The Netherlands
agoenczi
User
User

Adobe Reader 8.0

Post by agoenczi »

Hi destoomtrein

If you install a new softwre (as the Adobe Reader 8.0) for example, you should launch the "Update Wizard". The driver will know this way from the new installed software...
agoenczi
destoomtrein

Succes

Post by destoomtrein »

Hello,

Thanks, it's working now!

Greetings,

Edwin Schipper
mark_876543

Post by mark_876543 »

For my scapeball 400flx the version available seems to be v2.8.2 Is there a way to use the version you mentioned with this? Or will v2.8.2 support acrobat 3d if I reinstall the driver so it detects the software (it doesn't seem to have an update wizard.

Do I say I have a newer spaceball so the newer version shows available, will that work?
mark_876543

Post by mark_876543 »

Is it because I have a serial device that no PC apps work except CAD programs?
agoenczi
User
User

Serial devices under Windows

Post by agoenczi »

Hi mark_876543

Unfortunately the support for serial devices under Windows was fully dropped. Therefor I would like proposing you to buy a new device with USB interface. I am sure you will find something suitable for your needs.

The other alternative would be to install Linux and software for Linux. In this case the number of applications you will be able to use will be reduced but you will still can use your device.
agoenczi