Softimage plugin needs to be updated

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

krivel

Softimage plugin needs to be updated

Post by krivel »

I was playing around with the Space Pilot at Siggraph and I noticed the 3d Connexion products don't work well with many of Softimage's viewports. It only seems to work in viewports where there is a "camera" of some sort. This is a huge limitation. Simple side to side and up and down motion should wok in the FX Tree, UV editor, render tree, schematic, explorer, etc. I imagine you guys could sell these things like hot cakes if users knew they could use it anywhere in an application, not just the main viewports.
Kris Rivel
Director/Owner
Apparatus
www.apparatusfx.com
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi krivel. 3Dconnexion is well aware of the issues you're reporting. In fact, the limitation is in the XSI application programming interface (API) and 3Dconnexion has already initiated a discussion with Softimage with a view to improve the support of our device.
In this situation, we recommend our customers to contact the editor of the application and make their wishes of better 3D controller support clear. That will help 3Dconnexion application partners to prioritize the necessary changes to the application.
Nuno Gomes
krivel

Post by krivel »

Already done. I spoke with them earlier today and they have opened a bug report for it so hopefully this will be resolved soon. Thanks.
Kris Rivel
Director/Owner
Apparatus
www.apparatusfx.com