Space Pilot Pro Cord Strain Relief Or USB Port

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

chaseacej

Space Pilot Pro Cord Strain Relief Or USB Port

Post by chaseacej »

The space pilot pro needs one of two things. Either some sort of cable strain relief where the cord exits the device. If you move the device frequently the sheathing on the cord will start to tear. I have had this happen to mine and am afraid that it will become torn and ruin the cable.

Another possibility is to have a mini usb connector on the device as would eliminate the above problem altogether. This would allow for custom cord lengths as well.
SpacePilot Pro
Windows XP SP2 x64
Hypersonic

Post by Hypersonic »

The entire peripheral industry should adopt having a usb connector on their devices. Practically all keyboards, joysticks, mice from all manufacturers don't have a connector on their devices. I don't see it costing more, the connector itself is probably less than a dollar. Printers and external hard drives are already like this. In fact since it would reduce the number of product returns and replacements, it would probably end up costing less in the long run. Cords are alot cheaper to replace, just goto your local electronic store.

I lost a few headsets just because the cord was torn. The expensive part (earbud) was undamaged, but still rendered useless because the relatively cheap cord didn't have any stress relief connectors to disconnect upon being pulled. Actually the cord may have even been saved as well with a place to disconnect.