SpaceMouse Wireless Bad Connection

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

johnfin

SpaceMouse Wireless Bad Connection

Post by johnfin »

I have a spacemouse wireless 3DX-600044 and if I have the spacemouse wireless farther than 12" from the pc it has very sporadic connectivity. I previously has a spacemouse pro wireless and it worked seamlessly from two rooms away. The only way I can use my current spacemouse wireless is to have it wired, kinda defeats the "wireless" purpose.

Anyone else have this issue? How did you remedy it? Does the current model 3DX-700066 work better? I tried my current spacemouse wireless with my old spacemouse pro wireless receiver to see if that made a difference and it did not, it must be an issue with the send/receive within the spacemouse itself.

My p.c. has the most current version of windows 10.

Thanks for any help.
UtaSH

Re: SpaceMouse Wireless Bad Connection

Post by UtaSH »

Hello johnfin,

all SpaceMouse Pro Wireless devices prior to to 2019 had a "dedicated" receiver. That means you cannot pair a SpaceMouse Wireless to a SpaceMouse Pro Wireless receiver. The SpaceMouse Pro Wireless that we sell now has our Universal receiver who can handle up to 5 3Dconnexion wireless devices.

Can you please check if the Universal Receiver is connected to a USB 3.0 port? If this is the case please try a USB 2 port. That might make a difference.

Let me knowwhat you find out.
johnfin

Re: SpaceMouse Wireless Bad Connection

Post by johnfin »

Hello UtaSH,
Thanks for the reply, yes the usb receiver with my 3DX-600044 is plugged into a 3.0 port. It's odd that when I have my spacemouse wireless within about 12" to my p.c. it works flawlessly, once it's moved further away, 24" or more, it has very bad connectivity.