Comparison of different versions?

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

pball

Comparison of different versions?

Post by pball »

I noticed there is a new SpaceMouse Compact so I wanted to compare it to the older versions. I can't find a product page for the SpaceNavigator or SpaceNavigator for Notebooks. Are the previous two being retired? They are still in the store but other information seems to have been removed from the website.

It's nice to see to see a new product but I'd like to know why it's $20 more than the SpaceNavigator versions.

Using other websites to find the specs of the older units it seems the SpaceMouse compact is no more compact than the SpaceNavigator. So I guess the SpaceNavigator for Notebooks is still the small one.
UtaSH

Re: Comparison of different versions?

Post by UtaSH »

pball wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:45 am I noticed there is a new SpaceMouse Compact so I wanted to compare it to the older versions. I can't find a product page for the SpaceNavigator or SpaceNavigator for Notebooks. Are the previous two being retired? They are still in the store but other information seems to have been removed from the website.
SpaceMouse Compact is the successor of SpaceNavigator. The design was optimized for better weight distribution while the weight remains almost the same. Combined with the new designed rubber foot, it offers improved stability on the desk. The new buttons are larger, and the positioning is more ergonomic, so they can be activated multidirectional.
pball wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:45 amIt's nice to see to see a new product but I'd like to know why it's $20 more than the SpaceNavigator versions.

Using other websites to find the specs of the older units it seems the SpaceMouse compact is no more compact than the SpaceNavigator. So I guess the SpaceNavigator for Notebooks is still the small one.
Yes, the SpaceNavigator for Notebooks is still the smallest one but it is at the end of the product lifecycle. The SpaceMouse Compact is the successor of the SpaceNavigator and so its size is comparable to the SpaceNavigator.