Space Navigator in ArchiCAD 11 Feedback

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Tris Terry

Space Navigator in ArchiCAD 11 Feedback

Post by Tris Terry »

I use my Space Navigator with ArchiCAD 11 in Mac OS X and have some feedback comments. It would be really good if the 3D Navigator could control the 3D window when you are using 'fly' mode. This mode of viewing seems to be well-suited to the Space Navigators controls, but at present does not work with this mode.

When you open a new instance of ArchiCAD, the Space Navigator controls the 3D window in that instance. If you then jump back to a previous instance that you had open, the Space Navigator no longer functions in that instance. I frequently have 3 or 4 instances of ArchiCAD working alongside each other and it would be really good to be able to use the Space Navigator when switching between them.

I have recently been having some issues with the Space Navigator interfering with the mouse in 2D windows. Unplugging the Space Navigator's USB connection allows the mouse to work correctly again. This may be a glitch specific to ArchiCAD?
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

On the issue of multiple instances of ArchiCAD, Graphisoft has fixed this issue in version 12.

I haven't heard of any mouse issues in 2D. Is this easily reproduced with specific steps? We can inform Graphisoft of the issue if you have some more details. I've seen some weird behavior when plugging several USB devices to an Apple keyboard. The keyboard is not a powered device and sometimes power fluctuations occur. Try plugging either your mouse or SpaceNavigator directly to the USB port.