Knob custom settings.... HELP PLEASE

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Nortonnick

Knob custom settings.... HELP PLEASE

Post by Nortonnick »

Like quite a few poepple I bought the space pilot pro to use with video editing...

There is no driver support.. but all I need is to be able to map the mouse movements to keystrokes...

But I've read so many posts...and can't get my head around it..

DO I NEED TO CREAT SCRIPTS?.. or get into basic coding to send mouse functions to keyboard strokes?

If so... how do I go about this... ?...does anyone have any documentation I could read?

Any help would be amazing..

I feel like I'm going around in circles..

Kind regards,

Nick
Phil999

Re: Knob custom settings.... HELP PLEASE

Post by Phil999 »

these commands are not officially supported because these are 3D devices for 3D applications.

But I hear your help call. Myself I enjoy using these 3D devices for video applications a lot. Do a search in this forum for games, or in the beta forum for key stroke commands to axis. It's all described there.

If you need further assistance, I'm happy to help. These 3Dconnexion devices are very good for video and audio applications.
Space Navigator x2, Space Pilot, Space Pilot Pro, SpaceMouse Enterprise
jwick

Re: Knob custom settings.... HELP PLEASE

Post by jwick »

This is the best thread to read. I only suggest creating a script if the control you get via the built-in mechanism isn't smooth/good/capable enough for you. With code you can do quite a bit better.