USB Type-C support

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

kentdog

Re: USB Type-C support

Post by kentdog » Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:06 am

Hello 3D Connexion,

Is there any word from the company regarding timing for USB-C support? It sounds like everybody is anxious to here the companies timing and and plans.

Egs7evin96

Post by Egs7evin96 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:27 am

I love 3DConnexion products but unfortunately my last mouse was lost when a hotel lost my luggage. The lack of USB-C is making me seriously consider the MX Master 3. I'm happy to wait but only if the company put some information out as to how long I'd be waiting.

futnuh

Post by futnuh » Fri May 01, 2020 7:13 pm

I'm sitting her with my brand new $4k MacBook Pro running Catalina ... and wondering why I need to add a USB-C adapter to get my mouse to work? 3D Connexion could have seen this coming. The first post to this thread was back in 2017.

marcarch

Post by marcarch » Sat May 02, 2020 2:14 am

Egs7evin96 wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:27 am
I love 3DConnexion products but unfortunately my last mouse was lost when a hotel lost my luggage. The lack of USB-C is making me seriously consider the MX Master 3. I'm happy to wait but only if the company put some information out as to how long I'd be waiting.
Even the MX Master 3 has an USB-A wireless adapter together with a Bluetooth connection.

There’s probably a technical limitation in micro-USB and USB-C that makes impossible to build wireless adapters. I’m wondering if Bluetooth LE, that is missing in 3D mouse, could achieve the same performance...