Engineering Mouse

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Sad Sack

Engineering Mouse

Post by Sad Sack »

Has 3Dconnecxion ever consider designing a companion mouse to go with their 3D products? I'm thinking of a design with the standard mouse buttons plus a number pad incorporated on the back of the mouse. I've recently started using Proe on a laptop with a small keyboard and finding the row of numbers for dimension input is difficult and time consuming. With laptops becoming more powerful to run cad and graphic arts, but not getting any bigger size wise, I think a mouse with a number pad built in could become a big seller. Also, make your entire line of products wireless or bluetooth enabled.
DPerk

Maybe...

Post by DPerk »

I'm sure that a separate number pad would be very useful for someone working with a laptop. Various companies do sell those (probably wired). I would like to see something similar to the Logitech MX Revolution with possibly some hot keys on it (mapped to keyboard-style shortcuts like R for recent doc's, CAPS, or even Delete). I have yet to purchase an MX Revolution to see if I can map things like that to it anyway, but I do plan on doing so.

A wireless version of something like a SpacePilot would probably be a huge disappointment to anyone that buys one, mostly due to the consumption of batteries or finding a battery that can hold a charge long enough to be used throughout an entire day. Who knows though? Might be worth checking into.
Dave
protupr

3Dconnexion Space Mouse Pro

Post by protupr »

SpaceMouse Pro is the latest addition to 3Dconnexion's line of professional 3D mice. It features a full-size, soft coated hand rest and 15 large, fully-programmable function keys for access to application commands, standard views, and keyboard modifiers while a convenient on-screen display provides visual support. SpaceMouse Pro features the patented 3Dconnexion 6-Degrees-of-Freedom (6DoF) sensor that enables you to easily navigate digital models or camera positions in 3D space. Simply push, pull, twist, or tilt the 3Dconnexion controller cap to pan, zoom, and rotate your model or camera precisely and intuitively. The full-size, soft-coated hand rest ensures maximum comfort by positioning the hand perfectly for the 3Dconnexion controller cap. Every one of SpaceMouse Pro's 15 tactile, fully-programmable buttons are conveniently positioned, allowing you to access frequently used commands and work more efficiently.