Sketchup 2017 Crash

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Magnvs

Sketchup 2017 Crash

Post by Magnvs »

After a couple of days of testing, including removing extensions and uninstalling various things, I have come to the conclusion some part of the 3d Connexion software is interfering with Sketchup 2017 (both make and pro versions). The mouse functions as expected in the program, but it will terminate within anything from a few seconds to several minutes, even if left idle.
After disabling the 3d extension startup process and unplugging the device (I have a Spacemouse Enterprise) the program no longer crashes. (Two of my other computers that don't have 3dconnexion devices work normally)

I have the latest automatically updated version of the drivers and suite.
UtaSH

Re: Sketchup 2017 Crash

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Magnvs,

are you on Windows or on Mac?

Have you tried if calibrating the device improves the situation?

Have you already contacted our Technical Support Team?
Magnvs

Post by Magnvs »

Hi,
I'm on 64bit Windows 10
32GB ram
i7 6700k cpu
nvidia 1080 vcard.
and using three weeks old Enterprise Pro 3DxWare 10.4.7 3DxWinCore v 17.4.7.13483

Calibration didn't seem to do anything, Sketchup still crashes either with a "Stopped working" dialogue box or just immediately shutting down after a few minutes of working normally.
I have not contacted tech support, thought I'd try here first.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Magnvs,

I apologize for the delay of my answer. We haven't yet heard of any crashes of SketchUp 2017 on Windows with our plugin. Would you please contact our Technical Support Team? They will collect all needed information so that we can find out what happens on your machine.

Thanks,