CAD-Mouse: All buttons fully customizable

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Martin Siegrist

CAD-Mouse: All buttons fully customizable

Post by Martin Siegrist »

Hi 3Dconnexion. It would be awesome if all buttons and the wheel would be fully customizable.

I'm looking for combinations such as CTRL+mouse wheel and left / right swapped mouse buttons. I'm using two mice and when the lefthand mouse left / right is swapped through the standard mouse settings, this would allow using a CAD mouse as a right hand mouse and have the settings correct.

Please just let the user choose.

If that's already possible, please tell me how.

thanks
AUS_Wally

Re: CAD-Mouse: All buttons fully customizable

Post by AUS_Wally »

Hi Martin,

Fantastic, this is exactly what i'm after too. Being able to customise the right click button.

Please.!
Screen Shot.jpg
Screen Shot.jpg (34.54 KiB) Viewed 42123 times
jwick

Post by jwick »

You can swap the CM left and right buttons by editing the Base.xml file.

I have no way to add a modifier key to the mousewheel. You are talking about the wheel, not the button under the wheel, I assume.
Give me a scenario, so I can think about it.

Ctrl+MouseWheel is often used to zoom. It's hard to automate that because I don't know when you are done moving the mousewheel (to release the ctrl key). I'm not sure how well constantly pressing and releasing the ctrl key for every mousewheel tic would work.
You could assign one of the arrow keys on the CM to a Ctrl key to do all this in one hand. Doesn't sound user-friendly though.
Isarescu

Post by Isarescu »

jwick wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:30 am You can swap the CM left and right buttons by editing the Base.xml file.
I want to swap the middle button with the right button. Can you detaliate a bit?
Thanks!
jwick

Post by jwick »

I don't think you can do that anymore entirely in our driver. You can't remap the right and left CM buttons.
You might be able to use the system mouse settings to assign the Right Mouse Button to MMB. Then use our GUI to assign the MMB to RMB. If our GUI doesn't do it, then you can edit the Base.xml file to assign HIDMouse_Right the CM's middle mouse button.
You are on your own when editing these files w/o the GUI.