Presagis Creator Support

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

JoeASE

Presagis Creator Support

Post by JoeASE »

I am using Creator 4.2 with the Spacemouse Enterprise. I noticed that their is support but very slim amount. Will there be more features available in the future?

Also, I have mapped out my view keys using the mgfltx button mapping and they do not work. top view does not go to top view, Orbit does not orbit, etc.
UtaSH

Re: Presagis Creator Support

Post by UtaSH »

Hi JoeASE,

Presagis Creator is not currently included in the list of programs that provide support for our devices.

In order to use it with 3Dconnexion devices, support for 3D devices would need to be added inside their software.

Adding 3D device support to an application is determined by the application developer rather than by 3Dconnexion. We have an SDK [Development Kit] which any software developer can download at no cost and which allows the integration of 3D device support in proprietary software. Please see here for more details.

We advise our customers to contact the Customer Service of applications that are lacking support and request it be added in future versions of their software. The decision to include 3D support in their development schedule is often influenced by the level of customer interest.

For the View buttons: as we did not provide a default configuration for this application the View buttons are not mapped. You need to find our which keyboard shortcuts/macros launch the different views and then map those.
JoeASE

Post by JoeASE »

There are button mappings from creator inside the button mapping of 3d driver software. On the link you sent I can search for creator and it shows up on the list.
Attachments
CreatorSupport.jpg
CreatorSupport.jpg (226.01 KiB) Viewed 23617 times
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

Hello JoeASE -

You are right, it is there in the list. When a developer adds support for 3D devices into their application code and they let us know about it, their application is added to the list of software with the ability to make use of 3Dconnexion devices. When device support is written inside the application's software code as it is for Presagis Creator, it is their technical support that works with any support questions.

For the view keys that are not generating the correct views, what UtaSH described is mapping them in the 3Dconnexion Properties button editor.

First, you need a keyboard shortcut that generates the view - ie Ctrl+T. The application may already have keyboard shorcuts assigned or have an editor where they can be created.

To map the shortcut to the SpaceMouse Enterprise button, open 3Dconnexion Properties | Buttons and for each of the view buttons, place the cursor in the command field and type the letters for your shortcut.

For a shorcut with more than 2 keys, click the right-arrow and scroll down to Macros. Choose 'New macro' and enter the key presses that generate your command - ie Shift| Ctrl | R , give it a name you will recognize in the macros list and save it. Choose the button you want to map, scroll down to 'Macros' and choose your new command from the list.

The manual shows screenshots and details [Help |SpaceMouse Customization | Buttons].
------------
Barbara