Rotation Lock Indicator

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

chase

Rotation Lock Indicator

Post by chase »

I have a SpaceMouse Pro at work and I can never tell if I have rotation locked or not. It would speed up my work a lot if I could tell at a glance with an indicator light (either backlight the button or use the blue LED ring around the knob). Seems to me that this would be quite easy to throw into into a driver update and it would save the annoyance all the times that I go to pan and it starts to rotate or vice versa.
jwick

Re: Rotation Lock Indicator

Post by jwick »

Interesting request. We did add a blue LED to the Rotation Lock button on the SpaceMouse Enterprise.
slavensb

Post by slavensb »

Hi, to chime in on the Rotation Lock Indicator Light (on my SpaceMouse Enterprise):

When the button is assigned to the default behavior (Rotation Lock), the indicator led light toggles on and off as expected. Cool. However, I use it mainly for Unreal Engine, and I like being able to toggle Pan/Zoom on and off as opposed to Rotation. In the SpaceMouse Button config GUI, I saw there was an option to change this button to "Pan Zoom On/Off". Great! However now, when pressing the button, the button's indicator light no longer toggles on and off. In fact, it doesn't light up at all until I switch the key mapping back to the default "Rotation On/Off".

Is there a way to enable the indicator light toggling when the button is remapped?

Thanks!
jwick

Post by jwick »

That's a good idea. I'll look into it.