I Found It. CAP as mouse. Fully customizable

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

ssienn

I Found It. CAP as mouse. Fully customizable

Post by ssienn »

Hello all,
I use this in a DIGITAL AUDIO WORKSTATION aka DAW. ANy DAW. Music producers, dj's etc. All gonna love this 3dconnexion sales are gonna skyrocket hahaha (utopia), anyway....
I have been looking on this forum desperately to use my cap as a regular mouse. I found it. I wanted to ask your opinion. Tell me if I am Right or Wrong with the following:

Now the 3Dxware does have some 2d mouse options like mouse Buttons. It does not feature the movements of a MOUSE. ( am I Wrong?)

Now I am able to use the cap as a mouse. Making the mouse somewhat obsolete. I can use it in any application + I can fully customize it as well.

For this I utilize a third party app. ( I will disclose the app if the forum rules allow it, does it?) Its kind of like 3DxWare but more. It converts the input into full 8 axes support, acceleration adjustments and allows to bind anything to them:
- If I wanted the transitional axes to be keycombinations I COULD.
- I could have multiple keys assigned to one.
- auto repeat in times per second. I can delay the auto repeat in mili-seconds. Like undo auto-repeat instead of bashing the button every undo move
- My SpaceMouse Pro has Esc, but not a Del button. Now it does. When I Single press it is esc, long press is DEL.
- I could have the esc button rotate multiple assignments. Press once for Esc, press again for something else and so and so and so on
- You have dedicated mouse movements. advanced ones next to the regular mouse and 8 axis movement: Spring mouse. Where it moves a certain range in any direction but springs back( spring speed adjustable) You can use regular and spring together.
- Multiple joystick support and advanced switching between configurations: Have regular mouse, but use button to switch to spring mouse if I need to compare 2 angles to an object, but don't want to use regular.
- Every Application can be added. I currently have Ableton, Logic pro x, bitwig, FL Studio, chrome, word and so on and so forth

I'll be hearing from you guys. I am really excited. Hope someone from 3dconnexion can contact me to see if there is any integration possible.

Greetings
SIEN
ssienn

Re: I Found It. CAP as mouse. Fully customizable

Post by ssienn »

example
Attachments
example
example
example.jpg (160.18 KiB) Viewed 38671 times
jwick

Post by jwick »

That looks like a really cool solution.
You can do some of those things with our driver, but not anywhere near that level of sophistication, nor such a nice interface.
ssienn

Post by ssienn »

ssienn

Post by ssienn »

jwick wrote:That looks like a really cool solution.
You can do some of those things with our driver, but not anywhere near that level of sophistication, nor such a nice interface.
I am currently in association with a well known reviewer from the audio industry. He contacted me himself for making a review. I personally enjoy the DAW 3dconnexion duo. I know many others will too. After posting it on a audiophile facebook group. It recieved immediate likes, many likes indeed. Within a few minutes I was already contacted. This is a ergonomic solution. I would like to have further contact with someone from 3dconnexion by email if possible?

Greetings sien
ssienn

Post by ssienn »

I have something cool to share to really get better use of the cap when using as a mouse.
I have a setup to get better control of acceleration big mouse strokes and precise small strokes.
For larger mouse strokes I use: left right, forward & backward
for smaller mouse strokes I use: panning left, right up & Down

So with the small strokes i use one finger and get small movements of mouse and visa versa. Now I getting pretty used to both at the same time 8)
jasmyn

Post by jasmyn »

Could you please share the name of the software?
dimip

Post by dimip »

The software shown is Bitwig, a new competitor to Ableton.
jigdagod

Post by jigdagod »

Hello,

I'm interested in this third party app you mentioned. I'm interested in getting the SpaceMouse Pro and want to be able to do this inside of Presonus Studio One. I know this will help my workflow tremendously.