Wings 3D & ZBRUSH 3?

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

jtassinari

Wings 3D & ZBRUSH 3?

Post by jtassinari »

Hi there,

i'm thing/wandering if anyone has ever tested one of these softwares.

thanks,
cheers,
JTassinari

- [ Absolute Line ] -
znissan
User
User

Post by znissan »

Hi there:

We have approached Pixologic who have expressed some interest but have not had the bandwidth to implement support in Zbrush.

You could help with both Zbrush and Wings 3D if you would write to the vendor and let them know that you would really like to see support in their respective apps. We are always ready to work with them.

Ziva Nissan
3Dconnexion, Inc.
jtassinari

Post by jtassinari »

Hi Ziva,

thanks indeed fro you reply.
I'll try to mail/ask the forum both Pixolator and Wings3D.
About wings3D, i suppose it's possible to do some straight test, it's an open source application see: www.wings3d.com. If anyone would like to test...

I'm not so close to Erlang programming, but I think it would be nice to se something there around.

thanks again,
cheers,

jTassinari
Janthin

Post by Janthin »

I've written to Pixologic about this, because it would really be great if the Navigator worked in ZBrush 3.

I guess that there is no way to configure the device myself to work with any particular application? There has to be internal application support? That seems...odd. Why can't the device have a 'generic' driver that emulates mouse buttons and movements and such?

Oh I know it wouldn't be as good as internal support, but the device would be more widely applicable if it didn't require a special driver for each and every app before it can be of any use in that app.

Anyway...if there is a way for me to configure the device, I'd like to know about it. I am a programmer, so it's not out of the question for me to write something fairly complex.

Keep us posted on any ZBrush progress, too. That's the one I really, really want.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

3Dconnexion has released Beta 10 of 3DxWare 10 for Windows which includes experimental support for ZBrush 4.

For further details and download information, please refer to this topic.