Wanted feature for SpacePilot

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

BigPoppa

Wanted feature for SpacePilot

Post by BigPoppa »

I often have issues on my Win 7 system and Skecthup 2015 where the windows programs such as Live Mail, Internet Explorer and Windows Explorer take the focus of the 3D mouse. I don't actually use the mouse for these programs but if I change focus from modeling to answer emails or search the web I have trouble getting the mouse to acknowledge Skecthup again. It seems like it is stuck on the last Windows program I used.

Many times I have reinstalled the most recent driver and restarted my system to regain functionality. Most recently a call to your tech department taught me to open control panel and change the installation of the driver by selecting modify and running which has solved the issue the last few times it has happened.

Regardless of using junk windows programs or possible bugs in my system if there was a way to select the programs to associate with the 3D mouse then this would never happen. I envision a set of check boxes through which I could tell the mouse to acknowledge some programs but ignore others.

Such as:

Sketchup (yes) LiveMail (no)
3DS (yes) Internet Explorer (no)
Revit (yes) ETC.........