Onshape Support

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

patofoto

Onshape Support

Post by patofoto »

I recently discovered Onshape for CAD drawings. It's a parametric CAD software. I really like it. I am a Sketchup user and use my Space Navigator everyday. Would love to be able to use it with Onshape. It's web based. Any possibilities?.
tristanpaine

Re: Onshape Support

Post by tristanpaine »

I would also love to use my SpaceMouse with Onshape. I heard that it will soon work with PCs but not with Mac. Can we get a Mac driver that works with Onshape?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi all,

it's a matter of Onshape integrating the support for the 3D mouse. As far as I know they are already working on it, but I don't have any details (like Windows and/or Mac). Please address your request with Onshape.

Thanks,
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Onshape has announced support for 3Dconnexion products. For additional details, please refer to this Onshape blog post.
SpectreGadget

Post by SpectreGadget »

Support for Windows/Chrome, but not for Mac.

OnShape is saying that Mac support is an issue for 3DConnexion to support. Sounds like there's "a failure to communicate". Either way, no OnShape for me until 3D mouse support. Otherwise I will be doubling my time to draw.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi SpectreGadget,
OnShape is saying that Mac support is an issue for 3DConnexion to support.
Onshape is correct. 3Dconnexion only supports the web solution on Windows.