XP64 Professional Driver

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

doatis

XP64 Professional Driver

Post by doatis »

I just recently upgraded my system to XP64 Professional, and noticed that my Spaceball5000 (USB) no longer works with: Office, Explorer, Firefox, etc.

After a quick phone call, I was told that these were left out of the current driver, which is frustrating. Any way to support these programs, which are actually used on a day-to-day basis (I see that there is a driver for Google Earth, which I don't consider as useful).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,
Doug
Ken Denton

Post by Ken Denton »

doatis,
While we have eliminated the 3DxOffice driver from our current 3DxSoftware package (v3.0) . You may still download and install the plug-in from our archive page. Driver Downloads
Ken Denton
3Dconnexion, Inc. A Logitech Company
doatis

Post by doatis »

Ken,

Thanks for your response. I did install the driver but did not notice any new behavior with any Office/IE/Firefox session.

Thanks,
Doug
michael.graf

Post by michael.graf »

After my upgrade to a Windows x64 OS, my Office/windows app support has also become inactive. I have been reporting this issue for over 6 months directly to tech support with no feedback. The 32bit version of 3dxOffice does NOT work with the 64bit drivers.

One can install the 32bit drivers and 3dxOffice will work, but then I have applications that can not access the input device!

Last time I called, the tech support rep said he was going to a meeting and bring up this subject and report back. This person never called back. But then I thought back to previous calls and the support rep said that they were just about to go to a meeting and bring up this very subject with the developers.

Please provide a straight response regarding x64 3dxOffice support. It can't be that difficult to release a 64bit version of this software plugin. I know a lot of users that will be very happy, not just in my office but I assume in all offices.
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

See this post about our legacy 3DxOffice plugin and 64bit.
Ken Denton

Post by Ken Denton »

Hi everyone, Please excuse my mistake... :( The 3DXoffice driver is not supported on x64 Sorry for the confusion.
Ken Denton
3Dconnexion, Inc. A Logitech Company