USB Type-C support

If you have questions or comments concerning any non-support related 3Dconnexion topic, please use this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

stefan

USB Type-C support

Post by stefan » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:48 pm

I really like the first impression on the Wireless SpaceMouse and the CADMouse. After only using USB-C supported hardware for several month, I realized that my 'only USB-C' computer needs bulky USB A-to-C adapters to use the wireless dongle, and to use the CAD mouse. That's so unsatisfying. It's big. It's bulky. There's only one way to plug it in. Well, two ways - and usually on first try it's not the right way... After getting used to Type-C, there's no turning back.

A future-proof USB-C solution is highly appreciated. Suggestion: in all cases use a USB Type-C connector and include a Type C-to-A adapter with the mouse.

P.S.: If you want to develop a wireless USB-C dongle just let me know, I can handle that. For the wired mouse, well, just use a type C connector :-)

dpaint

Re: USB Type-C support

Post by dpaint » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:26 am

Why do they have adapters in the first place? Custom bluetooth dongles for the proprietary driver or some other technical reason?

Wacom did the same thing with their wireless adapters a while back. For such pricey devices 3dc should use the latest bluetooth standard then use whatever dongle as a fallback option, usbc is small enough to fit on/inside their stubby receiver with a silder, sure theres some industrial designers kicking about the forums that could design & 3d print one for ya :-)

kentdog

Post by kentdog » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:13 am

I agree with the others in this discussion. It's time to move to a bluetooth solution for the Spacemouse and USB-C charging for the Spacemouse and CadMouse. So here I sit with a killer MacBook Pro, a fantastic Spacemouse and CadMouse and to make it all work I have to take a USB-A dongle from 3DConnexion into an adapter and ............ clearly this is a terrible solution. Also, micro USB was a good way to charge hardware 3 years ago but phones and laptops come with USB-C now so that's the charger everyone carries. Please acknowledge and adapt to the fact that laptops are coming with USB-C instead of USB-A ports. Forget the dongle and get this fantastic hardware working with bluetooth.

UtaSH

Post by UtaSH » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:40 am

dpaint wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:26 am
Why do they have adapters in the first place? Custom bluetooth dongles for the proprietary driver or some other technical reason?
Hello dpaint,

the receiver is not a Bluetooth receiver it is our Universal Receiver that can handle ALL our wireless devices. So if you have a SpaceMouse Pro Wireless and a CadMouse Wireless you would only need ONE receiver.

The CadMouse can be connected either with Bluetooth OR with the Universal Receiver. Or with the cable.

marcarch

Post by marcarch » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:33 am

This is really needed