Navigator lights but no action

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

bugobart

Post by bugobart »

Recieved the PE version on Monday and can not get it to work on my computer. I have tried it on an other computer and the install and funciton was perfect, but on this computer the lights come on and that is it. The buttons don't work and the demos don't do anything.

I have tried every USB port on the computer including a powered hub and I get the same results. I have tried unplugging all of the USB devices except the Navigator and get the same results, so I am pretty sure it is not the power issue that others have talked about.

I have also went through all of the plugging in when the computer is off/on, before/after the driver is installed and don't get anywhere.

Please help
Bart

Release Version 3.3.2
Driver Version 6.3.3
Firmware Version 3.17
Windows XP SP2
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi bogobart

I believe that this issue is related to your computer.

At first I would like to ask you wether you get an error message as trying to start the driver. If you get any error message it would very helpful to post it here.

If this is not the case you should try removing all other drivers which aren't needed anymore and the 3DxSoftware. Afterwards reinstall 3DxSoftware and test your device with one of the delivered demos.

Please post your findings again.
agoenczi
bugobart

Post by bugobart »

I do get this message when I plug the Navigator into a port for the first time.

This device is not working properly because the controlling firmware is reporting the resources for the device incorrectly. (Code 9)

If I unplug the device and plug it back into the same port I don't get the error again.

I have uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled and get the same thing. I have also unplugged the keyboard and mouse (all USB except the Navigator) which removes them from the Device manager and get the same thing. I am not sure what drivers I need to remove as the only ones that show up are the keyboard and mouse which I have to have.

Thanks
Bart
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi bugobart

Send me a private message with your e-mail address and I will send you a firmware updater program with instructions how to upgrade the firmware.
agoenczi