SpaceNavigator Windows 7 64bit issues

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

HiloDB1

SpaceNavigator Windows 7 64bit issues

Post by HiloDB1 »

Hello,

I have a SpaceNavigator that I bought several years ago. I havent used it in a couple of years and have since upgraded/changed computers. When I originally bought it I had it installed on a Windows Vista 64bit system. It worked fine and I used it for some time. I had stopped doing much 3D CAD work so I didnt use it much. I am now getting back into it as I have a new CNC and would like to make use of my SpaceNavigator.

The issue I am having is that even though I had installed the "3DxWare 10 for Windows (64-bit)" my computer doesnt recognize my SpaceNavigator. All I get is "Unknown Device" showing up. I have searched and found a few threads from a while back and tried the trick with the holding buttons 1 and 2 down while plugging in the mouse and restarting the driver to no avail. Tried virtually every USB slot on my machine front and back. I can not get it to recognize the mouse. I tried uninstalling the current driver and going back to an older version to see if that would work. But still no luck and have the same issue.

My system consists of:
Asus Z97 Pro Mobo
Intel i7 4790k
EVGA GTX 770 Superclock
Crucial Ballistic 16GB 1600 Ram
Rock Solid 1200watt PSU
Windows 7 Home Premium

Thanks for any help!