SolidWorks 3DControl Add-In

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

ajohnson

SolidWorks 3DControl Add-In

Post by ajohnson »

After installing 3DxWare 10 my SolidWorks add-in is not working. It shows up in the Tools->Add-Ins list, and it is checked in both boxes, but the 3DControl toolbar item is missing.
UtaSH

Re: SolidWorks 3DControl Add-In

Post by UtaSH »

Hi ajohnson,

with 3Dxware 10 the toolbar in SolidWorks isn't available anymore. But you can find all commands either in the "Advanced" panel of the driver or you can map the function to one of the buttons (i.e. "Rotation Axis").
ajohnson

Post by ajohnson »

Thank you. I really like this new 3DxWare10, it is a big improvement over the previous version. My compliments to the development team.
StevDod_16

Post by StevDod_16 »

I have recently upgraded to SW 2015 and I am experiencing the same issue. The Wireless Space mouse works fine with the 3Dconnexion software. Once I go to SW the mouse is unresponsive to anything. I have the latest drivers installed as well. The Add-in for the 3D Controller is also turned on.

I do notice that there is no menu for the 3D controller now within SW 2015. How do you get this thing to work/function within SW 2015?

There has to be a way to activate this device through SW. How do I find that?

Thanks,

Steve
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi StevDod_16,

one very important thing you have to follow is that the driver and the application (SolidWorks) have to be started with the same user right. This means SOLIDWORKS may not be started as administrator, as the driver is started during login with the rights of the user. Please verify that you do not start SOLIDWORKS as administrator.

As I explained above: the current drivere/addin doesn't have a toolbar in SOLIDWORKS. You will find all settings that previously were in the toolbar now in the 3Dconnexion properties (driver panel). See Advanced Settings.
Paul_Finland

Post by Paul_Finland »

Thanks a lot UtaSH,

You are Genius ! I bough a SpaceMouse and spent couples of hours to try with SolidWork, it show up Add-In but the mouse didn't move at all. And then I found your post - turn off Administrator Mode of SW and it works.