Space Pilot with NX 4

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

murphthemog

Post by murphthemog »

Thanks, hopefully this will be put right with the next software release.
NX User

Post by NX User »

murphthemog and agoenczi,

I wasn't sure what plug in to remove, so I renamed the 3DxNX.dll file to hide it and renamed the default NX profiles. Now the profile that opens up is the 3Com Mod profile. However, the result is still the same. I will just hope that setting can be saved when the bug is fixed. I suppose that I should try to get work done rather than spend any more time trying to figure this out.
agoenczi
User
User

NX4

Post by agoenczi »

Hi murphthemog, hi NX User,

To remove the plug-in just activate the installer (under Windows XP you will have to use the "Add/Remove Programs" utility, click onto "3Dconnexion 3DxSoftware" and then change the settings. If the installer starts, you will have to select the "Modify" radio-button, afterwards you will have to deselect 3DxNX from the component list.
agoenczi
agoenczi
User
User

NX4 - Sketcher

Post by agoenczi »

Hi murphthemog, hi NX User,

I removed the plug-in and started Sketcher, enabled the rotation and closed Sketcher. Started Sketcher again, the rotation was enabled.

It might be a workaround if you don't need the functionality offered by the plug-in...
agoenczi
finman85

NX4

Post by finman85 »

Hello,

I am a new user to both NX and the space pilot. The problem that I am having is that the x and y-axis rotations will randomly invert (spins the opposite way) and then after a few seconds revert to spinning the right way. I have tried defaulting all the settings, shutting off the automatic confugurations, and updating to the latest drivers. I am lost on what is going on, any help would be much appreciated.
agoenczi
User
User

NX4

Post by agoenczi »

Hi finman85

Could you specify which version of NX you have? I would like to know if your system is a 64 or a 32 bit system and which Windows version you have. Finally please let me know which 3DxSoftware have you installed.
agoenczi
finman85

NX4

Post by finman85 »

Hi again,

I am using NX4, on what is most likely a 32bit system that is running XP. As for the 3DxSoftware; release 3.4.2 driver 6.4.4 and firmware 3.12
agoenczi
User
User

NX4

Post by agoenczi »

Hi finman85

Could you describe a short scenario how the problem occurs? The first step would be the ability to reproduce the issue...

Could you test the same thing on another machine? Does it happens similarly?

And what happens with another application?
agoenczi
finman85

NX4

Post by finman85 »

The problem occurs when viewing a 2D layout of sub-assemblies, when a 3D model of one of the parts is loaded into the view. The problem arises are moving in close to the solid model to view fit-up. At this point the said axies invert (but not always), then when the view is zoomed back out the control will remain inverted for about 10 seconds. I have tried to duplicate the issue on another machine, but no control inversion occurs. All other applications seem to function without trouble
SoCalSwami

nice hijack

Post by SoCalSwami »

Doc

Post by Doc »

Ok I'm having the same trouble only on a 64 bit platform.

I'm using (or trying to use) a 3d connexion spaceball 5000 cannot map buttons though the NX5 button mapping tool bar. I can however map through the 3d conn.
Control panel but when you leave the NX session and come back the settings are gone.
The space ball data is as follows
Version 3.5.6
Firmware 3.02
Driver version 6.5.5
We just recently switched to 64 bit platform and now all settings are gone and no longer be set or saved.
Doc
Doc

Post by Doc »

Ok,
I had our IT dept. reinstall the drivers and still had a problem with buttons config saving.
But I have found that if you right click the function you want and assign it instead of just dragging it to a button things seem to save.
I believe I read in the help file to just drag the function to the button desired so that is how I was doing this but it didn't want to save configuration but now assigning them with a right click and it works. Looks like there maybe a little glitch. Just thought I would pass this along as it looks to have solved things here for now.
Doc