spaceball 4000 flx

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Bart Ameling

spaceball 4000 flx

Post by Bart Ameling »

I'm having trouble uninstalling an older driver for a spaceball 4000 flx. For some reason, it didn't remove all the files and when I try to install a new driver from 3dconnexion I get a error 1714. I spoke with support and tried using windows cleanup utility but it didn't see the old driver. I checked the registry and cleaned up what I could find. I made sure any folders for 3dconnexion were deleted. I even opened up the exe in winzip and tried using the msi file for the new driver and I still get the error. Has anyone ever run into this problem where it doesn't completely remove the old driver?
Keith

Post by Keith »

Bart,

A couple things can cause the InstallShield Error 1714.

Run the Windows Cleanup Utility again and look at the first item on the list. If it is blank, or just a box, that may be the culprit. After you deal with it, restart your computer and run the installer again.

If the error persists, you can find more information on the causes and solution in the InstallShield knowledgebase at http://support.installshield.com/kb/vie ... id=Q107750

Keith.
3Dconnexion, Inc. A Logitech Company
Bart Ameling

spaceball 4000 flx

Post by Bart Ameling »

Thanks Keith. I didn't realize those blanks at the top were the problem before when I ran the microsoft cleanup utility. The Last time I was told to run it, I was told to look for the driver but I didn't pay attention to any of the blank spots and the technician that I spoke with on the phone never mentioned them. The spaceball works great now. Thank you again.