Chrome pointer stops working suddenly.

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

skan

Chrome pointer stops working suddenly.

Post by skan »

I'm using my 3DMouse Pro Wierless with Chrome with Windows 7 64bit.
I got to redefine some things. I'm using it to move the pointer, left click and scroll pages. But sometimes it stops working, I don't konw why.
I'm also using a 2D wireless mouse, I can change from one to the other, they both work.
But, as I said, suddenly, the 3DMouse axis stop working with Chrome, they still work when you switch to another application, and the button work everywhere but the axis not.
That happens even if I haven't used the other mouse.
What happens?
How can I solve this issue?

Regards
UtaSH

Re: Chrome pointer stops working suddenly.

Post by UtaSH »

If one axis fails please check if all axes are available in the 3Dconnexion Viewer (3D Mouse Home -> Viewer).

Additionally I recommend to reset all configurations. How to do that is described here.
skan

Post by skan »

I've been trying different things and I've found that if I completly remove the chrome.xml configuration file and only use desktop.xml both for Chrome and Desktop it works well.
Hypersonic

Post by Hypersonic »

Before editing any of the files in %programfiles%\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxWinCore64\Cfg it's best to first make a backup of the originals of all those files just in case things go wrong, so you can just copy in the originals again. Usually it's best to just copy files to %appdata%\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\Cfg then modify it.

I'm not entirely sure how it all works, but I think base.xml and en-US_def.xml are always loaded to provide a base for all other xml files. Desktop.xml has <ExecutableName>*.*</ExecutableName> so it seems to be a fall back xml file, in case there isn't any specified for the particular app. If you change <Grab>None</Grab> to <Grab>Hard</Grab> I think it overrides xml files that do specify the app. Perhaps apps could have an overrule to override a hard grab. But this is mostly guesswork, I could be wrong as I didn't do any testing to verify.
skan

Post by skan »

The first thing I did was a backup :)