LCD software issues: Space Pilot pro

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

Napapiiri

LCD software issues: Space Pilot pro

Post by Napapiiri »

Hej guys.

I recently got myself a Space pilot Pro and am using the LCD mainly to see the function keys (eg rotation on/ off)

After the latest restart these functions are gone from the LCD and I see only my outlook tasks and RSS feeds even though
its all activated in the LCD manager.

Does anybody know what to do?

Greets!
UtaSH

Re: LCD software issues: Space Pilot pro

Post by UtaSH »

Hello Napapiiri,

make sure you have in the LCD Manager in "Programs" the option "Function Keys" activated.
Attachments
Programs-FunctionKeys.png
Programs-FunctionKeys.png (64.55 KiB) Viewed 7970 times
doc55

Post by doc55 »

I have that same issue everything is turned on and enabled but not running and will not start. It seems real finicky and inconsistant. I can some times get it to work after one reboot or some time is take 5 reboots it is like the driver fails to start correctly and then you can not get anything to start. I can go to the LCD manager anf right clip and try to start but it ends up not starting. I know when it will not work with our CAD package (NX) as the function keys menu will not show up on the LCD but if reboot and get that to show up it will usually work. This rebooting to get it to load right is driving me nuts.
Has anyone else had this problem and if so did they find the answer?
Thanks!
doc55

Post by doc55 »

Well we tried uninstalling and re installing drivers with no luck. The LCD software in my opinion right now is what a piece of CRAP the older software at least worked! Most of the time on a reboot it will not load various things and if you try to right click in the LCD and start it will not start. I am about to give up.
The thing is that it seems like that software is very unstable one time it will load one way the next different.