3.3.2 driver unusable in 3dsmax

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

sorin

3.3.2 driver unusable in 3dsmax

Post by sorin »

i've installed the new drivers and photoshop cs3 is ok.

but 3dsmax 9 is completely unusable. the screen flickers with each increment and performance droped many times (i get a 3-4x loss in fps). it's like after each tiny increment max reverts to default camera and then back to navigator's (the viewport label flashes all the time and so Max's lower right navigation icons - pan zoom etc). the movement is not smooth at all as before.

also the degradation i've talked about earlier is not usable anymore. the whole scene flickers between box/shaded.

i'm back to the previous one (just Max plugin that is, the rest i've kept from the new ones).
agoenczi
User
User

3.2.2 driver unusable in 3dsmax

Post by agoenczi »

Hi sorin

Could you check this issue on another computer too?

I will try to reproduce as well.
agoenczi
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi sorin,

This is a known problem and has already been assigned a tracking number: 4445. As soon as it is resolved, we will post an update.

Thank you for reporting it.
Nuno Gomes
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

An update: issue 4445 has been marked as resolved. The next release cycle will include the fix and we are now initiating the testing phase.
sorin

Post by sorin »

great!
mushimas

Post by mushimas »

Hi,

Release 3.2.2 of the driver works smoother in 3ds max 9 but be warned that the "suspend motion" checkbox autocheks from time to time and you'll have to uncheck it a lot of times to have it stay unchecked or to restart max (this has been discussed there: viewtopic.php?p=3807).

Phil
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi all,

Please read the following post.
agoenczi
weimaraner

Post by weimaraner »

Hi 3Dconnexion user,

I have the same problem with this driver version (3.3.2.).

Question:
Is it possible to reinstall the driver and install the older version (3.2.2.)?
AND
Where can I find it, it is not in the driver archive.

Best regards
Weimaraner
mushimas

Post by mushimas »

You can reinstall v3.2.2 but you'll have to uninstall v3.3.2 before. I did this without problem.

And never delete previous driver installer file before testing a new release ;-)

Please 3DConnexion have the previous driver release available for download (there an archive item in the step 2 of driver selection, put it there).

Phil
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi,

We have requested to have 3.2.2 available for download in the Archive section.

Do note that the problems with 3ds Max are believed to have been fixed in 3.3.5 currently under validation.
Dentro

Post by Dentro »

A friend of mine had v3.1.8 on his disk. Just installed it and it works smoooooth on xp 64bit!!! My baby got back:-) So, I can always post v3.1.8 for download to those who are stuck if 3dconnexion don't show up with som older drivers in the archive...
weimaraner

Post by weimaraner »

Thank's

I uninstalled 3.3.2. and take the driver from disc, --> and it works fine.
I didn't see the previous driver under 'driver archive', but never mind
I wait for the NEW driver.
A post for the upcoming driver would be nice.

Here a link to my workbook, hope you enjoy it.
http://portal.grossweight.de
warhawk

Post by warhawk »

ngomes wrote:An update: issue 4445 has been marked as resolved. The next release cycle will include the fix and we are now initiating the testing phase.
thanks for this info , but i bet that a lot of pplz like me dont have problems to install testing drivers if its available. :mrgreen:
best regard
Michael
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi warhawk,
thanks for this info , but i bet that a lot of pplz like me dont have problems to install testing drivers if its available.
And we'd love to accommodate it but, unfortunately, we are not yet set-up to run an external beta program for all our releases. We do keep that mind, though.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi,

Release 3.2 is available for download and will remain so until the 3ds max 9 performance issue is confirmed fixed by our customers. You will find it in the Archive section of the download software page.

We apologise for any inconvenience the problem may have caused.