Acad2007 zoom in limited in 2d wireframe

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

jwelin

Post by jwelin »

I am using Acad 2007 and 3DXware v5.9.2 and 3dxauctocad.arx v4.1.1 and a SpaceNavigator SE

In 2D wireframe mode, there is a limit to how far you can zoom in with the SpaceNavigator. Exceeding this limit causes the view to jump to the zoom limit when the navigator is released. In drawing units the limit varies from drawing to drawing, but is always there. I find no Autocad variable to express the amount of zoom or to change the behavior - the limits and regen command has no effect. Mouse zooming does not suffer from this problem.

This problem does not happen in 3D wireframe mode. However this mode is problematic because the display is erratic, with some objects dissappearing after pans and zoom and snap points being unreliable. This seems to be an Autocad problem.

Kudos to the people who are bringing this device's benefits to more and more application!
John Welin
Columbian Model and Exhibit
agoenczi
User
User

Post by agoenczi »

Hi jwelin

Please try installing the latest version available to download from our website. This release contains newer components also for AutoCAD 2007.
agoenczi
jwelin

newer 3DX software does not resolve ACAD quirk

Post by jwelin »

I updated the 3DxWare to 6.3.3, however the Autocad ARX is unchanged at 4.1.1.
The problem in 2D wireframe mode persists.
John Welin
Columbian Model and Exhibit
drcaveman

Same Here

Post by drcaveman »

ACAD 2008 same zoom limit problem using latest driver 6/19/2007 driver 3.36
dkosburn

Post by dkosburn »

This is the same issue that was brought up in this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=919

Apparently a fix will be included in the next version of the software. This is a very annoying bug that I experience myself, so I'm looking forward to a fix.
Nibster

Post by Nibster »

any timeline on when the new release will occur? i just downloaded the latest release monday and find this bug almost completely unacceptable. i'm thinking of reverting back to the last version i was using... :?
I am human, hear me blunder!
dkosburn

Post by dkosburn »

They said 6-8 weeks, and that was a couple weeks ago.

It's unfortunate, I was hoping to purchase several more units (possibly including an Explorer/Pilot or two) for the rest of the people in my department, but the bugs are too much of a distraction.

Edit: hide text violating the Forum Rules ("Don't post ads").
Neil W

Same here, dead zone?

Post by Neil W »

I've got the same issue as described above (zooming in too far results in the zoom being reset to some value).

What's the latest on this? It seems like a fairly critical error. For something that is as expensive as this SMP, I would hope to find that it functions as advertised.

Also, will this new release include some way to modify the dead zone as in previous releases, or is this functionality gone forever? I find that the thing will pan all by itself when left alone.
agoenczi
User
User

Same here, dead zone?

Post by agoenczi »

Hi Neil W

Which release of 3DxSoftware do you use?

Please read the following post, as it seems the problem was fixed and the next release will be available very soon. :D
agoenczi
Neil W

Post by Neil W »

I've got 3.3.6

So it looks like 3.4 will solve this problem. I'll have to muddle through with the scroll wheel zoom until then.

What about the dead zone adjustability?
jwick

Post by jwick »

It is still possible to adjust the threshold (deadzone) but there is no GUI for it. See this post