slow FPS after idle in sketchup

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

gr8sc077

slow FPS after idle in sketchup

Post by gr8sc077 »

First, this was accidentally posted in explorer, not traveler. I put it in here in case drivers or other info is different, or if a ST user had this same problem, but didn't see it in SE. Here was my post: viewtopic.php?t=884

Hey, In sketchup at least, when I load a model, the ST works great!, but if I spend a little time working commands witht he mouse, or just leave the computer altogether, leaving the SE idle, the frame rate I get is extremely choppy. Like, I see 1-3 new views per second. But, the correlation between moving the cap and moving the model seems to be the same. Its just very hard to move when I only see how I move once or twice a second. I usually save, exit, reload the model, and it works fine. If I move the cap for a good say, 20-40 seconds, it'll go back to smooth movements, seemingly dependant on how long it's been idle.

Other than that, it work great!
gr8sc077

Post by gr8sc077 »

FYI, there is no correlation between the preformance and CPU usuage. There is a high correlation with the idle time however.

I just find this very odd an idle traveler cause more problems than when moving all around. Is there something about the SU commands interrupting the 3Dxware driver?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi gr8sc077,

Your device may be drifting. Check this topic and let us know if it makes a difference.
Drifting does not mean your device is damaged. It is something that can happen when the controller is left with something pressing against the cap for an extended period of time.
Nuno Gomes