Autodesk Revit

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

jkk007

Post by jkk007 » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:47 am

Dace wrote:A colleague of mine is very well connected with the Revit development team at Autodesk, and I heard from him a few weeks ago about 3Dconnexion implementation with Revit. He says: "Also, at AU, I learned that it might be a year or more before the space ball is supported. "

So, while the timing isn't exactly favorable, it's encouraging to know that someone, somewhere at Autodesk might actually be considering a future implementation...
It's a shame that it's taking so long (2 years!!), having the space products work with the Revit family!

sorin

Post by sorin » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:17 am

this nice blog is always updated with revit's api news.
when the revit programmers finish implementing a viewport api like in other 2d/3d apps (that would make possible to control the view with 3d devices) i'm sure it'll be mentioned there.

http://cadappdev.blogspot.com/

xophe

Revit 2009

Post by xophe » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:25 am

Hello unpatient users and dear moderator,

Revit 2009 has enhanced API capabilities. 3D devices do not seem to be integrated at the moment but does the API enable 3D connexion to create a plug in?

I am hoping you will.
xophe

kristo

Post by kristo » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:13 pm

two years is a lifetime in computing terms -- all this technology may well be superceded long before then (how about an affordable >60" 3D touch screen -- anyone ?? :-)

in the meanwhile, is it possible to implement these devices via the Windows API or using some sort of scripted commands, rather than natively programming it through the SDK ? that would enable it to work with almost any application surely ?

jwick

Post by jwick » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:14 am

Revit doesn't have any hooks to allow movement of the scene. They have thought about it, and still are actively talking about it internally. The only way to get them to add some hooks that we can use is to have real Revit customers bug them about it.

It is one of our most highly requested applications. We would be thrilled to have some way at all to make it work. And so would many of their customers.

Jim
3Dx Software Development

Nibster

Post by Nibster » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:13 am

so, what's the word on this? can we see 3DM support in revit 2010?
I am human, hear me blunder!

jwick

Post by jwick » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:20 am

It depends on how much you bug them. We've tried...but we aren't customers of theirs. We don't have any pull. Only those who pay have pull.

xophe

Revit 2012: the new hope

Post by xophe » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:08 am

And then now, after years of waiting...

http://thingsnstuffs.blogspot.com/2011/ ... tures.html
View point 5.

I really DO hope it is coming.
Happy my SpaceNavigator did'nt go out of style in that time :D

Greetings to all happy reviteers.

jun austria

Re: Revit 2012: the new hope

Post by jun austria » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:27 pm

xophe wrote:And then now, after years of waiting...

http://thingsnstuffs.blogspot.com/2011/ ... tures.html
View point 5.

I really DO hope it is coming.
Happy my SpaceNavigator did'nt go out of style in that time :D

Greetings to all happy reviteers.
It's coming and I just cant wait for it to be release.
http://autodesk-revit.blogspot.com/2011 ... -2012.html

Andrey Pavlov

Re: Autodesk Revit

Post by Andrey Pavlov » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:39 pm

It is March 2019 and I confirm, SpaceMouse Wirless DOES'NOT WORK with REVIT 2019 or earlier. It was the biggest dissapointment since the beginning of the year in terms of gadgets. The nice icon appearing in the Revit's interface is not considered a "work". It has problems with orbiting, panning, scaling, etc - NO USE AT ALL. NO respond from Autodesk as well.
I know also that this is not a problem of 3DConnexion, since the same product perfectly works with other software on the same PC. It is a problem of poor collaboration of Autodesk-3DConnexion teams.
Don't waste money if you are an Autodesk user. :x :x :x