Photoshop pan, zoom and rotate simultaneously

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

xbo

Photoshop pan, zoom and rotate simultaneously

Post by xbo »

Hello guys,

Do you know a way to pan, zoom and rotate at the same time using Space Navigator.
What I mean by "at the same time" is... Without pressing any key in Photoshop ("v", "r" "ctrl+ +") assign this 3 combination keys to the Mouse under the 3d Mouse advanced settings.

i.e.

1. If I rotate my Space Mouse this activate the "r" key in Photoshop and rotate my canvas in Photoshop
2. If I press down my Space Mouse this activate the "ctrl + -" key in Photoshop and zoom out my Canvas in Photoshop (just like do at the moment)
3. If I pull up my Space Mouse this activate the "ctrl + +" key in Photoshop and zoom in my Canvas in Photoshop (just like do at the moment)

Allowing the user to add "short cut keys" to the 3dconnexion Mouse "6 ax movenment" will be awesome for the 2D users so that the users can pan, zoom and rotate the Canvas using their 3dconnexion Mouse.

Or is there a way that I dont know to do this?

I will appreciate any Information. Thnx a lot.

Cheers!
Barbara

Re: Photoshop pan, zoom and rotate simultaneously

Post by Barbara »

Hello xbo -

For 3D navigation - to be able to pan, zoom and rotate at the same time - you need to be in the 3D menu in Photoshop. The Photoshop Extended versions like CS5 Extended and CS6 Extended as well as Photoshop CC versions have a 3D menu with options like 'Postcard from Layer' and 'Shape from Layer' with 6 DOF [degrees of freedom] using the Space Navigator cap.

Navigation in Photoshop's 3D menu is similar the 3DMouse Home Viewer or the Jet Demo. In the 2D Photoshop windows pan and zoom is available with the Space Navigator cap and as you mentioned you can generate shortcuts using the buttons.

Since navigation in the 2D Photoshop windows only provides pan and zoom , the keyboard shortcut is needed rotate the canvas.
-----------------
Barbara