Rotational motion is jerky when using radians in application

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on Windows.

Moderator: Moderators

alex

Rotational motion is jerky when using radians in application

Post by alex »

I'm using a Spaceball 4000 with an application (MSC's ADAMS program). When I set the units to degrees within the application, the spaceball works fine. But if I change units to radians, the rotations are vastly speeded up. I can open the 3DxWare panel and change the Advanced Settings to slow down the rotational speed, but the rotations are no longer smooth; it appears to jump by several degrees of rotation for each input, regardless of how I play with sensitivity, etc.

Any suggestions for how to smooth out the rotational motion?

Thanks,

P.S. - Running 3DxWare 5.3.3, Firmware = 0.24, device = Spaceball 4000.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi alex,

Support for 3Dconnexion devices in ADAMS is done natively in the application. In these cases, we advise our customers to report directly to the editor of the application (MCS' Technical Support is available here).
If you receive information from them on this issue, we would appreciate if you could post it here.
alex

Post by alex »

Thanks for the response. When I find some useful information, I'll repost.

Cheers,
luping

Re:

Post by luping »

ngomes wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:55 am Hi alex,

Support for 3Dconnexion devices in ADAMS is done natively in the application. In these cases, we advise our customers to report directly to the editor of the application (MCS' Technical Support is available here).
If you receive information from them on this issue, we would appreciate if you could post it here.
Since email carbon copy to 3Dconnexion technical support email address is blocked, I paste the email reply from MSC technical support Ghasem Abbasnejad as below. 3DxWare SDK APIs in MSC software are not updated by MSC software for more than a decade.

Dear ***,

Thank you for contacting Adams technical support.

We have raised this issue as a bug and separately as an enhancement request (for general support for SpaceNavigator).

Thank you,

Ghasem Abbasnejad
MSC Technical Support